The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
We are looking for a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer to support Directorate H in the Electronic Programs Division. In this role you will develop and sustain SIGINT-High satellite command and control systems while identifying, elevating, and recommending new technologies and engineering techniques for current and future ground sub-systems. The purpose of the position is to integrate new scientific, technological, engineering, or mathematical (STEM) ideas and perspectives into the program office during a transitional acquisition period. The candidate will have opportunities for growth, increased responsibilities, and mentorship.
This position requires 100% onsite work in Chantilly, VAWhat You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Monitor the Contractor development and sustainment (operations & maintenance) efforts while identifying potential risks, issues, & opportunities (RIO) to senior staff;
- Identify impacts of Contractor-recommended system upgrades, recapitalizations, & refurbishments and advise the government program office on alternative solutions and implementations;
- Lead and support Aerospace-led efforts (i.e. technology assessments, studies, & trades) in candidate's areas of expertise including but not limited to new technologies, systems engineering techniques, IT updates, or cyber security;
- Lead and interface with the Aerospace engineering matrix on Aerospace-led projects involving subject matter experts;
- Identify and review program strategies to mitigate technology obsolescence, increase operations efficiencies, and decrease total cost of ownership;
- Lead and assist in formulation of task order acquisitions and review Contractor proposal evaluations;
- Participate in routine program office functions throughout the lifecycle readiness including program management reviews and design reviews at the unit, element, and system level.
- What You Need to be Successful
Minimum Requirements for Project Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics or a related technical discipline from a recognized institution, or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional engineering experience with increasing responsibilities;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Desire to learn the SIGINT domain;
- Ability to communicate current technology, processes, and/or methods to Aerospace team and customer;
- Ability to coordinate technical activities of Aerospace teams;
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
In addition to the above, the following is required for a Senior Project Engineer
How You Can Stand Out
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of professional engineering experience with increasing responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams;
- Hands-on knowledge of SIGINT domain or ground C2 systems.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) related discipline;
- Familiarity with government acquisition policies and procedures;
- Knowledge and understanding of the traditional systems engineering Vee;
- Hands-on experience in one of the Agile Development methodologies;
- Understanding of DevSecOps deployment methodologies;
- Experience providing direct engineering satellite or ground systems (or similarly complex system);
- Experience with advanced IT capabilities;
- Experience in SIGINT development, operations, and/or sustainment;
- Familiarity of satellite ground systems (acquisition, design, development, architecture, and operations);
- Prior experience supporting systems engineering activities in the IC (especially the NRO);
- Demonstrated ability to work asynchronously with worldwide remote team members;
- Familiarity working with Aerospace engineering matrix.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at
or by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer/Sr. Project Engineer - Command Control Systems
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
- Aerospace Industries
- Agile Methodology
- Coaching And Mentoring