To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager-Metal Working
DXP Enterprises, Inc • Houston, TX
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager-Metal Working include, but are not limited to:
- Support outside sales staff, which is inclusive of being responsible for the promotion of sales growth from the customer service arena.
- Operational responsibility of DXP Metal Working Products Division, East Texas & Louisiana Territory (7 locations)
- Develop & maintain preferred vendor list.
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), which will enable you to track overall and process level performance.
- Annual budgeting, while ensuring to grow profitability. Setting goals that are not only achievable but sustainable.
- Instigate new improvement actions. Active management support with the support of relevant KPI's will help you continue to drive improvements.
- Supervise and assist other Metal Working Managers when needed
- Inventory control which includes purchasing, cycle counts, and an annual physical inventory
- Maintain safe work environment, which includes implementation and sustainability of 6S
- Maintain facility, vehicles and equipment
- Customer relations which is defined as maintaining customer rapport and establish strong relationships with our supported customer, and also includes developing ways to improve customer service
- Well versed in Prophet 21, not mandatory but preferred
- Work with Regional VP & Product Division VP to promote Metal Working and Tooling
- Work with Product Division VP on negotiating agreements
- Identify product and inventory requirements
- Support regional objectives & opportunities with guidance and support to identify and capture market opportunities.
- Ability to work closely with VP's in sales, operations, marketing, purchasing and inventory control.
- Responsible for designing and implementing improved process or operational policies.
- Responsible for recruiting, retention, and administrative duties regarding employee relations while following company policies and procedures.
- Establish strong relationships with vendors in assigned product areas to facilitate the development of extensive knowledge of product offerings, applications, and new trends.
- Negotiate the best possible prices for DXP through creative purchasing to take advantage of promotional offerings, blanket agreements, contracts, up-front pricing and/or rebates.
- Partner with key suppliers in reducing the total cost of ownership for DXP. Promote the use of technology to create linkage and synthesis with the Supplier base.
- Champion the drive towards product standardization and lower cost alternatives that will allow DXP to bring exceptional value to its customers.
- Serve as the point of contact for adding new product lines as assigned.
- Serve as the lead in soliciting and attaining any required supplier resources and/or support.
- Monitor DXP's performance on service levels for assigned products.
Qualifications of the Operations Manager-Metal Working include, but are not limited to:
- 5 years of Operations Management and Metal Working and Tooling experience
- College Degree and 5+ years' experience in the Industrial Distribution Market, with a product/service focus on Metal Working and Tooling
- Previous experience working with Industrial vending machines preferred
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- A wide degree of creativity and discipline is expected
- Great attitude and technically competent
- Customer driven and employee motivator
- Knowledge of the Industry that would enable them to acquire the knowledge to manage our product offering successfully
Physical Demand: N/A
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office setting but will go to the warehouse on occasion to check on operational efficiencies
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Salary, Exempt, No Overtime
Travel: Minimal w/ some overnight trips in TX and LA. We have 7 branches in TX & LA that this person will oversee. Most trips to LA or Dallas would only be one night and probably once per quarter
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Company Perks: Company vehicle, cell phone, tablet, etc.
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V