Offering up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus!
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
Weare a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes yourspecial skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join morethan 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission ofdelivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Carefor patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility inscheduling
Shineon your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuingeducation, training, tuition assistance and more
High-levelclinical services with outstanding outcomes Advancement:
Goalplanning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive,stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
Ifyou’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work,make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join ourteam.
What You Will Do:
As ahome health speech language pathologist, you will provide one on onetherapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensiveand patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferredtechnology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunityto spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote theirhealth and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to thesupport and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals. Yourprimary work will include assessing and treating patients with speech,language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
• Assiststhe physician in assessing the patient’s level of functioning and thedevelopment (and revision, as necessary) of the Plan of Care by applyingappropriate tests for speech, hearing and language disorders.
• Assessesthe patient’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory andproblem solving activities, hearing and speech fluency and quality
• Initiatesdiagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to thepatient’s care and safety
• Teaches,supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding home procedures andother care needs as appropriate to the patient’s condition. Utilizeseducational material as appropriate.
Degree of Travel: Home visits in Yuma County. Periodic officemeetings. Schedule:
Monday - Friday (No Weekends)
- Sign on bonus offered
- Relocation available
- H1-B eligible
From our local Director, to Regional Vice President ourleadership team is focused on your success. Each of our leaders brings over 20years of experience, with clinical superiority, growth, and operationalefficiency. Our clinicians and leaders are committed to working as acollaborative, and supportive team.
Our culture, clinicians, and patients are our priority,always.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisyscares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients.This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we makeavailable to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Eligible for benefits within 30 days
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Training
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off/ Holidays
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision); health spending account
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401 (K) plan with company matching; employee stock purchase plan available
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Flexible Scheduling
- FREE Parking
- One on one patient care
- Purpose filling work mission and values
- Family centered work culture
• Current and unencumbered license to practicespeech pathology specific to that state the employee is assigned to work
• CurrentCertificate of Clinical Competence (in speech pathology) granted by theAmerican Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
• CurrentCPR certification
• ValidDriver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liabilityinsurance to perform home visits Preferred:
• Previousclinical experience treating adult and/or geriatric patients