Oceanview is searching for a Project Management/Vendor Management professional to join our team! This hands-on, ‘roll up your sleeves’ role will be responsible for the coordination, completion and solving of business, process and technology/website issues that live within our social media & advertising, customer interfaces, onsite (Phoenix, AZ) technology resources and Third Party Administrators (TPA).
The incumbent will work closely with BAM IT support, TPA resources and other technology vendors to organize and optimize technology resources in support of the business units via multiple scheduled and ad-hoc projects.
This position requires a strong understanding of how technology systems interface with each other and how technology projects are managed effectively. The person in this position should be able to give input into and follow applicable business processes and procedures in order to maintain compliance with company standards to ensure continuous service delivery and internal/external customer satisfaction. This means acting in accordance with best practices, committing to be a leader among service providers, striving to supply innovative, high-quality and cost-effective approaches to meeting and exceeding our internal and external customers' expectations in support of Oceanview/Bayview’s strategic vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluation/improvement of technology support function in an effort to have them meet or exceeds customer and management expectations
o “Customer” refers to any and all policyholders, agents, representatives, marketing organizations and internal customers
• Oversee technology related business projects submitted to the TPA or other technology vendors
o Ensure that TPA and other 3rd parties are meeting expectations
o Ensure that internal resources are identified and made available
o Report on project status and deliverable dates
• Establish and monitor priorities for technology project portfolio
• Ensure that 3rd party technology vendors are properly on boarded
• 1st line support for office software and hardware needs
o Work with BAM IT to establish and maintain technology standards
o Request escalated help when needed
• Work with teammates to automate office functions
• Research technology options to address Oceanview needs
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to find and implement improvements (both speed and quality) to existing processes
• Create and maintain appropriate management reports to inform on progress toward business targets
• Other duties as needed or required
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• 4 years’ experience managing technology projects with 3rd party involvement
• 3 years’ working with outside technology vendors
• Experience with web based marketing technology platforms
• Experience with IT helpdesk support
• Experience with direct customer interaction
• Experience managing and working in cross-functional teams including external partners
• Strong knowledge of how technology systems interface with one another
• Working knowledge of requesting and logging helpdesk tickets
• Ability to work with remotely located partners and coworkers
• Proven skills tracking technology projects including deliverable dates
• Working knowledge of MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to consistently set stretch goals and hit targets
• Ability to analyze complex information and reach reasonable conclusions
• Assess and manage risk quickly and efficiently
• Think independently and strategically
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
*PMP preferred but not required. Experience successfully managing and delivering projects of similar scope highly desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Oceanview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.