Miller Brother Staffing has an immediate need of an experience Paint Truck Driver/Operator for a company located in the York, PA area.
Salary: $20-$25 an hour based on experience. **Prevailing Wage work available** Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K w/ 5% match Job Summary:
The Paint Truck Driver/Operator is responsible for driving and operating paint truck on highway construction sites. Core Competencies:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management capabilities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in paperwork.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external team members.
- Detail orientation and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professionalism and strong willingness to help our customers.
- Ability to work independently and follow direction.
- Excellent customer skills displaying a calm demeanor under pressure and stressful situations.
- Team oriented.
- Maintains a current CDL license and physical.
- Maintains basic familiarity and compliance with Bureau of Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Performs required DOT safety inspections on equipment
- Maintains an accurate daily electronic DOT log according to state and federal regulations.
- Pick- up and delivery of material handling equipment to new, existing and potential customers.
- Provides customer assistance in basic equipment operation and familiarization.
- Processes all daily paperwork, obtaining appropriate customer signature for all contracts and delivery paperwork.
- Ensures safety, proper operation and load securement of equipment and other cargo always, including proper dock procedures.
- Ability to work rotating or long shifts
- Knowledge and familiarization of DOT regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Leadership ability
- Ability to use scale ruler
- Ability to work on and layout multi-lane highways
Education & Experience:
- Valid CDL Class B license with three years of specific experience operating/driving a paint truck for roadways
- Tank and Airbreak endorsement.
- Must be able to layout and drive (for painting) a minimum of a two-lane/two-way road
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and drive for long periods of time, talk and hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Physical requirements may be dictated and verified according to Department of Transportation guidelines. Physical activity may be required to tarp and cover equipment if raining or snowing. Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be on the road for long periods of time and will regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions. Additionally, this position may require leaving at early hours to accommodate schedules and entails the necessity to work after normal working hours.
Interested or qualified candidates should submit a resume and/or contact information for consideration.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving