Cubic Mission and Performance Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs a variety of tasks depending on current operational needs in support of the Weapon Effects Simulation System. These tasks include, but are not limited to, issue, kitting, de-kitting and conducting WES alignment of all military vehicle types and man worn types, training military and civilian users how to properly employ and maintain all WES systems, in depth troubleshooting and first line repair or replacement of all man worn and vehicle hardware systems in the field, receipt of all WES equipment, initial triage of damaged equipment and preventative maintenance. Subject matter expert on WES equipment, Warehouse procedures, Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) and import and export processes. Drives, sets up, operates and manages a mobile Field Support Warehouse when required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide a service to customers during the issue and receipt of AWES equipment, including preparation of equipment for issue.
* Instruct on the Tactical Engagement System (TES) Assistant Instructors Cadre and other TES-related instructional periods
* Operate and update the warehouse LMIS database.
* Perform day-to-day duties within the warehouse.
* Provide a point of contact for the customer.
* Subject matter expert in equipment import and export
* Assist with the vehicle fleet management and maintenance
* Assist the Inventory Manager in auditing WES equipment.
* Carry out preventative maintenance on WES equipment.
* Carry out in-depth trouble shooting on WES equipment.
* Operate forklift equipment for the movement of items within the warehouse.
* Deploy into the field to conduct in-depth troubleshooting of WES equipment and support the customer
* Train military vehicle crews on the fitting, use and troubleshooting of the WES vehicle equipment
* Train military users on the fitting, alignment, use and troubleshooting of the WES Man worn equipment
* Provide detailed, in depth technical support during all stages of a TESEX which includes communicating with military staff
* Operate military communication systems.
* Operate IT system to provide the desired effects, within equipment and weapon limitations, to provide in depth analysis of WES equipment performance.
* Detailed interpretation of calls for fire, artillery, rockets, mortars, air NBC and direct fire to allow for in depth testing and analysis of WES equipment performance.
* Support deployments of the Deployable AWES system to set up and manage a mobile Field Support Warehouse.
* Be prepared to travel to support the company, when so requested, acting as a subject matter expert on Cubic WES equipment, LMIS and Warehouse procedures.
* Comply with Cubic's values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
* Technically competent on test, inspect and basic repair of modular electronic components and systems.
* Proficient on IT Based Logistics Management Information Systems including in a deployed (remote) environment
* Understanding of Import and Export processes
* Experience of operating in a warehouse / stores environment
* Ability to deliver instructional material to military audience
* Ability to instruct class sizes of up to 100 soldiers
* IT skills using Microsoft Office
* Be able to operate basic radio systems and use basic radio voice procedure
* Military service would be beneficial
* Able to operate industrial sewing machine
* Forklift driver
* Technical background
* Basic understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
* Carryout low level assembly / repair
Education and qualifications
* Completed UK comprehensive/Military education or higher
* Full UK Driving licence
* Military or civilian Warehousing qualification
* Military Methods of Instruction qualification
* Instructional Qualification
* Import and export trained
* First Aid at Work
* HGV C+E
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* React well under pressure
* Be fit and able to carry our manual handling as required
* Be willing to travel and spend extended periods away from normal place of work, both in UK and abroad
* Must be able to meet basic security vetting requirements
* A good bearing and turnout is required at all times
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Electronics Manufacturing