***$20,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates***
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. As a Home Visit Nurse Practitioner with Optum, you’ll provide primary care home visits for patients in collaboration with the physician of record and patient care team. This position is serving throughout the Wilmington, DE area.
The Optum Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) at Home program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The DSNP program combines Optum trained clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team, which includes the Optum clinician, the member’s Primary Care Provider and other providers, and other professionals.
After conducting an initial comprehensive patient assessment, you will communicate and manage the patients’ plan of care across all care providers, family, and caregivers to ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence-based medicine is provided. By building solid relationships, you’ll have a meaningful impact on the patient’s health as you collaborate with the care team to provide direct patient care and develop a plan of care to achieve patient’s goal and clinical outcomes.
- Obtain and review medical history, conduct physical and psychosocial assessments, analyze and diagnose conditions and develop appropriate plan of care
- Identify gaps in care, interpret diagnostic test and reports and refer appropriately
- Identify risk factors and help mitigate barriers to access care and reduce risk
- Develop interventions to assist members in attaining established goals of care
- Evaluate member’s progress in completion of goals of care and re-assess and assist in care management with members
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Establishes and maintains communication and a trusting relationship with the member, family/authorized representative and primary caregiver and specialists
- Discuss medical options/interventions with members/families to promote understanding and assist them in making informed decisions
- Clarify member's cultural values that may impact health management/decisions
- Identify prognosis/trajectory of chronic disease that may impact future member health decisions and conduct advanced care planning discussions
- 100 percent travel in local market area to patient’s homes for in home visits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state of assignment OR ability to obtain
- Nurse practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP OR ability to obtain
- DEA License OR the ability to obtain
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- 1+ years of experience with hands on, post grad Nurse Practitioner work
- Experience working with complex patient populations including multiple chronic diseases with diverse psychosocial backgrounds
- Experience working in home health or in home setting
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families
- Comfortable working independently in a home-visit setting
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage schedule
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate with care team and physicians
- Expectation for high quality focus on the clinical model for DSNP which includes Stars and accurate coding and documentation
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: APC, NP, Nurse Practitioner In Home Care, Primary Care, PCP, Wilmington, DE, Delaware