To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Access Specialist - UHC PFS Access Services ER - PRN
Lafayette General Health • Lafayette, LA
Posted 1 month ago
The Patient Access Specialist can be a resourceperson to the patient, family, staff and physicians. The Patient AccessSpecialist prioritizes patients according to worklist scheduled times andpatient type. The Specialist will have a working relationship with alldepartments serviced by the scheduling and registration department. The PatientAccess Specialist will report any issues to the Patient Access Manager orDirector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstratesknowledge and understanding of registration and financial clearancerequirements.
o Obtains andverifies the accuracy and completeness of required comprehensivepre-registration/registration information, including the accurate entry ofdemographic, and financial information within the Cerner system.
o Demonstrates abilityto leverage available systems and tools to identify when authorization isneeded and submits requests when necessary for both outpatient and inpatientservices.
o Knowledge ofcommonly encountered insurance plans, payer requirements and the different benefitstructures by plan type and can appropriately select the appropriate payer andplan for the encounter.
o Ability tocorrectly explain the patient’s financial liabilities to the patient and obtainpayment or establish payment plans prior to services.
o Validates medicalaccessibility in accordance with Center for Medicare &Medicaid Services(CMS) standards and communicates relevant coverage/eligibility information topatient.
• Exhibits thoroughknowledge and proficiency in the use of the Cerner system and associatedprocesses and procedures, electronic verification tools, and other Web baseresources.
• Ability toaccurately record/maintain scheduled appointments and coordinate with internaland external customers as required.
• Ability to orientand precept new team members to all areas of Patient Access.
o Coordinatestraining/orientation schedules and documents appropriately when completed.
• Ensures requiredforms are completed and signatures obtained on, including but are not limitedto, Consent of Treatment, Medicare Secondary Payer, and Important Message fromMedicare, etc.
• Exhibitsknowledge of the Lafayette General Healthcare System and its services provided(including service options for patients within the system and with othercommunity providers), and the ability to effectively convey this knowledge topatients, their families/caregivers and other LGMC team members.
• Ability tocommunicate pro-actively and respectfully with all internal and externalcustomers.
• Maintains ongoingopen communications with peers and staff across the system, assisting withproblem resolution as appropriate.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE:High School degree or GED required.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED:Computer, Telephone, Printers and Faxmachine
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.The workstations on wheels require a maximum push force of 11 - 15 lbs. for the500 series cart.
• Most work iscomputer-based. This includes the work station on wheels where work iscompleted at the bedside. Requires standing and walking for 2-3 hours at atime, walking within the department and from room to room. Includes printingmaterial and retrieving from the printer as well as scanning documents into thecomputer. Some assignments may require sitting for 3-4 hours at a time.Requires excellent speaking and hearing for phone and in-person conversations.