Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
The Test Technician provides support and debug for test processes in manufacturing.
• Performs debug and test assemblies to component level, as able, utilizing block diagrams and schematics
• Performs tester maintenance and upkeep
• Troubleshoots operator problems successfully, works with leadership on training and process improvements
• Provides training and ongoing support to the Test operators
• Communicates problems to Test Engineer and/or leader
• Assists in performing experiments for failure analysis and root cause analysis
• Recommends additional equipment needs to leadership and/or Test Engineers for the product debug areas
• Participates in Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen continuous improvement activities
• Complies and follows all company security policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
• Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
• 5+ years of experience; Ability to effectively train diverse groups; Good analytical skills; Ability to assimilate to a wide range of data and form conclusions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate high attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
• Strong customer service and client focus
• Working knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft Office products and WebEx conferencing software
• Basic understanding of Test Measurement and Debug Techniques
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Proficient in reading electrical schematics
• 2 year Engineering or Technical degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: M-F 0700-1530
Process Improvements (Business)
Six Sigma Methodology