Surgical Tech (Variable Full Time/Varies Shift) - Dr. Phillips Hopsital
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes.
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is seeking a Surgical Tech that will demonstrate through clinical practice a clear understanding of sterile technique and has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of:
- Surgical Technology training program; or
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
- National certification as Surgical Technologist eligible and completed within six months of hire date from one of the following:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) ([ Link removed ]) – renewed every 4 years; or
- Tech in Surgery - Certified by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) ([ Link removed ]) – renewed annually.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- One year surg tech experience.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
- Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
- Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.