To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cheshire, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional - DSP
Kencrest Services • Cheshire, CT
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Direct Support Professional
KenCrest Services is seeking Direct Support Professionals to work in a group home setting in Cheshire with people with intellectual disabilities and autism. Full-time, part-time and per diem positions on various shifts are available. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting individuals with activities of daily living (examples are personal care, meals and medication).
- Encouraging individuals to participate in community activities.
- Handling general housekeeping tasks and meal preparation.
While providing supervision and support, the Direct Support Professional also provides opportunity for each individual to develop and grow toward greater independence.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in a related position
- Fluency in American sign language is required for the Waterbury location
- Certification in medication administration, first aid, and CPR
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Clear criminal record and other background checks in accordance with state requirements
- Ability to convey, understand and follow spoken and written instructions in English
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Some benefits are available for part-time employees as well. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.