*This is a 2nd Shift position*
We have an exciting opportunity for a Stamping Production Coordinator to join our team at Oakland Stamping.
This is a second shift, full time, direct hire position with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
Purpose of Position:
Supervises and coordinates activities of the production departments including press, assembly and welding functions to meet production schedules and quality standards by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Supervises, coordinates and prioritizes activities of production personnel to meet customer, plant and management requirements.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Ensures effective utilization of manpower to minimize overtime requirements. Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Observes workers and machines to detect errors or malfunctions and orders corrective actions.
- Maintains production, quality and timekeeping reports and records accurately.
- Examines products for adherence to specifications.
- Ensure all quality and production customer requirements are obtained.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.).
- Troubleshoots Production and Quality problems with Production, Tooling and Quality personnel.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all duties.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by manager.
- Conforms to TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards and procedures.
Manages associates in the Production; responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Possess the ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of supervisory experience with an understanding of welding, stamping and automated assembly process.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers. Maintain a higher standard of professional conduct and ethics in more complex business situations such as negotiations with customers or presentations to management.