To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Follansbee, WV 26037
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AK Steel • Follansbee, WV
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mountain State Carbon is a coke making facility located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. It consists of one six-meter battery and three three-meter batteries with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per year.
The Plant Manager directs the operations of coke making to produce the highest quality, and lowest cost product to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Ensures efficient operation and continual improvement of the coke making process.
- Develops annual plant operating plan and objectives in coordination with area plans. Interprets and explain plant objectives, purpose and mission, to all department heads as well as within staff support areas.
- Establishes controls and sets standards for the implementation and accomplishment of the plant business plan.
- Directs and motivates plant supervision and staff personnel in the attainment of business and facility objectives.
- Involved in daily discussions of key activities to maximize all plant activities and corporate goals.
- Direct supervisor of administrative staff.
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in manufacturing operations.
- Coke making experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting and strategic planning.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions.
- Ability to identify opportunities, improve processes, drive execution and manage change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great pay
- Excellent benefits
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.