As a leading provider of insurance and reinsurance with worldwide operations and employees in Bermuda, U.S., U.K., Continental Europe and Asia, we recognize that our success is derived directly from those who matter the most: our people. At Sompo International, our values of integrity, collaboration, agility, execution and excellence underpin our culture and our commitment to providing an employee experience that attracts and engages the best talent in the industry. As we continue to grow, we strive to find diverse, innovative and driven professionals to join our teams and offer a broad range of career and development opportunities at all levels, in multiple business areas, in each of our locations throughout the world. Our compensation and benefits programs are market driven and competitive, with excellent family friendly policies and flexible working provisions.
We are seeking a Senior Catastrophe Modeler, Portfolio Analytics - Global for our Insurance team in our New York/Charlotte/London/Mexico City office. The Senior Catastrophe Modeler, Portfolio Analytics - Global will be dedicated to completing monthly catastrophe portfolio aggregation analyses that assist underwriting leaders and senior management with evaluating the property and casualty portfolios within the Asia Pacific, EMEA and North America Regions.
This role reports into the Head of Catastrophe Modeling, Portfolio Analytics - Global.
* Complete Monthly Property and Casualty Aggregation analyses and reports.
* Work within SQL to create, redesign and enhance data mining tools for monthly aggregation analyses, in-house projects as well as day-to-day tools to help more efficient workflow.
* Assist with projects focused on Growth, Expansion and Accumulation Management.
* Assist with annual reinsurance treaty renewals, working directly with reinsurance broker and internal underwriting teams.
* Participate in the creation and development of the team documentation, workflows, and processes.
* Assist with catastrophe event response communication.
* Assist with underwriting audits
* Maintain file integrity by ensuring all necessary documents are filed within department folders
* Work with the Regional Insurance teams to incorporate consistent view of risk into catastrophe modeling tools and platform.
* Working knowledge of final policy terms and conditions entered in vendor models to refine account modeling and monthly accumulation analyses within vendor model.
* Contribute to all aspects of catastrophe analytics to improve, innovate, and automate internal tools.
* Create and conduct group trainings.
* Assist with training of new employees.
* Handle special projects as assigned
* Manage projects as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
* Undergraduate degree is required (Business, Insurance/Risk Management, Mathematics preferred)
* 5+ years' experience with RMS Catastrophe modeling and database management is required. CCM/CCRA designation is preferred.
* Understanding of RMS data structure is required.
* Competency in SQL, including dynamic SQL, and VBA with proven experience of building reporting tools required.
* Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities with theoretical knowledge of data mining and/or statistical techniques.
* Knowledge and experience with Commercial Property and Workers Compensation Insurance is preferred.
* Knowledge of Commercial Lines insurance, coverage forms, policy structure and risk factors are preferred.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Detail oriented with the mindset to validate results, question inconsistencies, present possible alternatives and back up opinions.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Comfortable working in a team setting or independently.
- Attention To Detail