To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Anchorage, AK
Posted 14 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position acts in an administrative, clerical or para-professional support role. The incumbent performs a variety of detailed tasks, and ongoing assignments; uses knowledge of defined procedures to evaluate situations and select correct solution; and adapts processes and procedures as necessary to meet objectives. He/she receives work in form of expected deliverables, and applies judgment in determining work methods and balancing competing priorities.
Under limited supervision, performs advanced skills required to operate business equipment associated with mailroom and telephone/reception area or other facilities related tasks. Typical duties include: serves as receptionist/telephone operator, prepares and processes mail, purchases office supplies, photocopies assignments, responds to calls for facilities problems, vendor contact, and participation in office upkeep. Use advanced skills to operate business equipment associated with mailroom, copy center, security systems, and telephone/reception areas. Use intermediate knowledge of Windows environment.
Job Specifications & Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsibilities may include some or all of those listed below. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Receptionist role typically exists in offices that serve as telephone system hubs
- Serve as receptionist/telephone operator of multi-line phone system; may answer and direct calls for several hundred employees and multiple locations.
- Greet and screen callers and visitors; determine nature of business and direct to appropriate individual.
- Maintain employee sign in/out logs; coordinate and maintain employee and visitor security badges.
- Assist in access control and the maintenance of a secure office.
- Perform or support office safety responsibilities.
- Maintain local phone or contact lists, as appropriate.
- Respond to internal calls for facilities problems or repairs and contact property management or vendors as appropriate.
- Operate multi-function machine to complete small reprographic assignments.
- Maintain neat and organized reception or front office area.
- Manage conference room use, reconcile conflicts, and post schedules.
- Manage loaner equipment use, maintain check-out/check-in system.
- Assist with other facilities tasks as needed or requested by local Lead.
- May assist with meeting setup, including procuring food and equipment.
- May assist with administrative tasks such as research, basic filing, or mass mailings.
- Prepare and process incoming and outgoing mail (if no mailroom staff exists).
- Train or assist teammates as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Moderate to advanced skills to operate business equipment associated with mailroom, copy center, and telephone/reception areas.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Windows environment and strong keyboard skills (typing up to 40 WPM).
- Prior experience in Receptionist/Switchboard Operator or strong customer service positions.
- Three (3) years of experience in an office environment, with at least one year of experience with Microsoft programs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>