Position Title: Financial Advisor
Department: Tri Counties Advisors
Position Summary: A Financial Advisor provides investment advice to current and prospective clients (“Clients”) to help them achieve their financial and business goals. This advice includes recommending suitable financial products and services depending on each Client’s particular financial status and objectives. A Financial Advisor gathers and analyzes confidential information from a Client to make an appropriate recommendation, including information such as a Client’s objectives, income, assets, investments, debts, investment experience, time horizon, liquidity needs, risk tolerance and other personal information. Based on this information the Financial Advisor will determine which financial products best meet the Client’s needs and financial circumstances. A Financial Advisor advises and educates Clients regarding the risks, advantages and disadvantages of the different products and services available to them to meet their financial goals.
A Financial Advisor is expected to spend most of his or her time providing the following services:
- Interviews Clients and conducts appropriate due diligence to obtain key financial information and investment goals, and develops a Client profile
- Uses financial planning as a tool to uncover Client needs and suitable solutions
- Compares and evaluates possible investment options, and identifies investment strategies and potential investments based on the Financial Advisor’s knowledge of market conditions and the Client’s particular circumstances;
- Analyzes each Client’s financial situation to recommend only those investments that are suitable for the Client’s particular financial status and objectives
- Advises Clients about the risks, advantages, and disadvantages of various investment opportunities and strategies in light of their financial circumstances
- Designs, implements, and maintains investment plans to address Client financial goals and business succession needs
- Stays current on economic events and trends
- Remains thoroughly informed regarding NDIP Investment Services and Bank changes in services, products and policies
- Engages in promotion or business development activities, including the marketing, servicing, and promoting of financial services and products
- Opens Client accounts, initiates and confirms Client orders, maintains Client files and records and prepares all required reports
- Maintains all information relating to Client accounts and Bank affairs in strictest confidence
- Complies with all rules and regulations as prescribed by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the current broker/dealer and all applicable State Insurance Commissions
- Complies with FDIC regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Suspicious Activity Reporting, OFAC, Information Security Guidelines, Identity Theft Red Flags and FDIC rules on Non-Deposit Investment Products (NDIP).
- Participates in continuing educational courses through the Bank, the current broker/dealer, FINRA, various insurance carriers and the State Insurance Commissions
- Maintains NDIP Investment center and display areas and handles public relations within branch locations
- Reads and understands the current broker/dealer Compliance Manual and remains current on all communications from the broker/dealer Compliance Department, FINRA and all State Insurance Commissioner Offices
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and compliance with the Bank’s standards of conduct
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate business experience preferred
- FINRA licenses required: Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66
- State of California life, health and disability insurance license
- Previous securities industry experience and direct investment advice experience is required
- Previous securities investment advice experience in a banking environment preferred
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.