Do you have a strong focus and tend to be very systematic and detail-oriented in your work? Are you sometimes accused by friends and family of being a perfectionist and rule-follower? If so, apply now! You are just the person we are looking for.
Rental One is looking for a full-time Make Ready Mechanic to assist the sales and service team by keeping our equipment in top shape with preventive maintenance tasks. This role is critical to meeting the excellent safety and quality standards Rental One expects and demands.
We rent the best equipment in Texas. Period.
Being the best means serving our customers with excellence every day. Our team of rental equipment professionals are committed to providing our customers the best equipment and most reliable service in the industry.
Why work at Rental One? We are a URL blocked - click to apply with three generations of high-integrity leadership and unmatched experience. That means we not only provide stability and growth, but also genuine concern for our employees in an environment that you can call, "family".
We believe that good work relies on Dependability, Honesty/Integrity, Safety, Teamwork and a Customer Focused attitude. We are proud of our team members and are URL blocked - click to apply who share our Core Values and want to be part of our story. Being an active part of our story means you will be able to make a personal impact through valued input and innovative customer service in a competitive yet, encouraging environment.
Rental One is proud to offer the following comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive pay PLUS eligibility for annual bonuses for ALL employees
- 100% company-paid employee only medical insurance (dependent options available)
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance, with optional long-term disability
- Company-paid supplemental life insurance, with additional voluntary options
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- Optional accident & critical illness insurance
- Prizes for achieving team goals, such as gift cards, team meals, and team events
- Company-wide community impact projects and team building events to stay connected
- Company-provided, high-quality apparel
- Casual dress environment
- Company-paid financial wellness resources
- 401k retirement plan with matching contributions
- Service Awards
- Generous paid vacation and sick days PLUS paid holidays...and so much more!
Hours: M-F, 7am-5pm with rotating Saturdays (with advanced notice)
Reports to: Store Manager
For application consideration, please complete a brief survey using the following link: URL blocked - click to apply
- Perform preventive maintenance, routine checks, and minor repairs on a variety of diesel, gas, and electrical equipment
- Test & operate equipment before and after use to verify proper function and report any necessary repairs or missing parts
- Follow "Ready to Rent" cleaning procedures, which may include use of pressure washers, chemicals, and compressed air.
- Ensure equipment is ready in advance of loading date, and prep equipment prior to loading.
- After cleaning, thoroughly check operation of equipment and look for missing fasteners, parts, etc.
- Complete service tags and notify manager of equipment with missing parts or not working
- Document all work performed and maintenance inspections completed
- Maintain all decals
- Help secure and inspect loaded equipment per company procedure
- Help load and unload equipment per company procedure and advise manager if damaged or poorly loaded.
- Assist in maintaining clean and safe working environment of shop and part warehouse
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations in written or verbal form
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security
- Attend department, store, and safety meetings and perform all other duties as requested
- Activities require handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls and other small parts.
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs, occasional lifting and transporting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to loud noise, dust, gas, or fumes.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, twist, and maneuver with a full range of motion
- Must be able to bend and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours per day
- Must be able to withstand general warehouse/shop conditions which may be non-heated/cooled
- Must be able to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Knowledge of construction equipment and/or minor service repairs preferred
- Must be detail-oriented & organized
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to provide, understand, and complete instructions in written, oral, or scheduled form
- Must maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers
- Teamwork skills
- Basic knowledge of tools
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.