The Guest Services Generalist is responsible for consistently assisting Guest, Stores and Corporate Office needs while providing exceptional service and delivering results that contribute to the Company Mission. The Teammate in this role serves as the first point of contact for our Guests, Store Managers and Company leaders and therefore, must represent Buckle in a professional and courteous manner. The Guest Services Generalist will address issues regarding merchandise including but not limited to; returns, orders, shipping, Point of Sale (POS), Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) research, inventory, fraud investigation, product review and claims. This Teammate will ask questions to determine the root cause/issue and research potential solutions or escalate to the appropriate Teammate/department as necessary. The Guest Services Generalist handles confidential financial and personal information and must follow all Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Handle all correspondence for Guest orders.
- Assist Guest with placing orders, identifying and resolving order issues.
- Efficiently utilize Buckle’s Point of Sale (POS) systems and AS400 to provide assistance to Guests.
- Guest assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying fraudulent orders.
- Completing blocked orders for processing.
- Lost or incomplete packages.
- Processing merchandise returns.
- Fulfilling aged orders.
- Issuing gift cards.
- Ask probing questions and research potential solutions to meet the needs of the Guest.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate Teammate/department as necessary.
- Identify and investigate possible fraudulent orders.
- Fraud investigation activity includes but is not limited to:
- Calling credit card companies and banks to obtain charge records.
- Investigating current and previous fraudulent charges.
- Provide assistance to stores by locating stock keeping units (SKU’s) for limited products.
- Based off Guest inquiries, investigate and replace damaged orders or orders that were not received by the Guest.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Buckle merchandise to answer Guest questions. Buckle merchandise knowledge includes but not is not limited to: fit and style recommendations, merchandise details and marketing signage.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Teammate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources.