To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Biscoe, NC 27209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
2nd Shift Environmental, Health & Safety Rep
American Axle & Manufacturing • Biscoe, NC
Posted 7 days ago
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title2nd Shift Environmental, Health & Safety Rep
Job Description Summary
- This is a 2nd shift position with hours similar to 1pm-11pm
- Assists EHS program objectives by providing clear and continuous direction and training to staff and associates
- Utilizes existing proactive safety tools & deploy improvements as needed
- Be the site EHS expert and preferred point of contact for safety and environmental inquires
- Assists with first aid on minor injuries at the facility
- Assist with managing processes to unsure company and regulatory requirements are met in relation to waste management, water discharge, air observation as well as assisting in permit obligations
- Assist with monitoring EHS federal, state and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives; analyze potential impacts on system operations
- Lead required training on EHS topics to ensure all regulatory and company obligations are met
- Coordination and engagement of plant personnel and other personnel in the identification, development and implementation of EHS goals which will positively impact and add value to the organization
- Assist with managing EHS documents, permit administration utilizing appropriate retention rules
- Assist with new hire orientation training and documentation
- Maintains continued presence on floor as an observer, leader, trainer and main point of contact for EHS assistance
- Lead and train incident reporting process and participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Assist Sr. EHS Rep in other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree in related field preferred
- Experience in health, safety, environmental or a combination of any or all
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Required Skills and Education
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.