To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, Tennessee, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chart Capture Representative
TeamHealth • Louisville, Tennessee, TN
Posted 2 months ago
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is an integral team member of the Chart Capture group within Health Care Financial Services of TeamHealth. Primary responsibilities include reconciling patient charts, recovering straggler charts, and working with management on tasks primarily related to the revenue cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily reconciliation of charts received to ED log totals, within set TeamHealth timeframes and productivity standards, as established by management.
- As volume warrants, coordinates obtaining additional clinical information from clinicians on straggler charts on an as-needed basis.
- Identifies and reports OnBase chart flow issues.
- Contributes ideas and opinions about strategic issues for consideration to the Chart Capture team, including collecting and analyzing relevant data.
- Maintains personal adherence to professional confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical and hospital standards (ex: HIPAA compliance).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One year of office experience preferred with previous experience in medical billing, hospital or clinic registration, or other medical office experience preferred;
- Understanding of revenue cycle/chart flow, and associated processes
- Medical billing experience preferred
- Coding or Coding Documentation review a plus
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with OnBase or other workflow software preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technical skills
- Impeccable attention to detail when following set instructions
- Experience in coordinating simultaneous assignments by assessing deadlines, establishing work priorities, and coordinating work schedule
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with others, and work with minimal direction/supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritize work; handle stress and conflict
- Resourcefulness, ingenuity, strong decision making and problem solving skills
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting (10 pounds or less)
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/computer
- Occasional or periodic travel
- Periodic evening or weekend work when needed
- Moderate stress
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.