Sunstar Americas, Inc. is a global leader in the oral care industry and the manufacturer and distributor of GUM oral care products and solutions. We serve dental professionals and consumers in 80 countries worldwide and are driven by a mission to enhance the health and well-being of people everywhere through high-quality, innovative oral care products and solutions.
We are seeking a Material Handler to join Department 153 on 2nd Shift. The Material Handler will perform duties to store and distribute incoming materials to either production departments or warehouse. Produce electronic pick lists and pull materials for work orders. Return all unused materials to warehouse.
- Review production schedule for shift to determine required raw materials. Produce/prepare electronic pick lists for warehouse, retrieve materials and locate in appropriate staging area.
- Perform routine cleaning/maintenance requirements on equipment used within dept. or used within job tasks as required in a safe and effective manner
- Remove finished goods and place on skids in appropriate staging area.
- Replenish skids of product, boxes, cartons, and components as required following delivery from the warehouse
- Pick material from the warehouse when required.
- Maintain stock room and stocking locations in orderly condition
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sort and store all raw materials in departmental locations.
- Keep Packaging machines stocked and ready to run production at all times. Assure that the area is well stocked and organized in order to minimize errors.
- Move finished goods and/or work in process from manufacturing areas to staging line.
- Move raw materials to production departments upon receipt from the warehouse.
- Return unused items from production departments to warehouse as needed by performing return transaction on the computer
- Place stock items in appropriate storage location and note location in computer system.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and follow SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions/direction
- Basic Computer and Math skills required
- Good communication skills and detail oriented
- Initiative & Follow-up
- Inclusiveness/Teamwork: respects the ideas and contributions of everyone
- Quality & Continuous Improvement: strives for efficient, high quality performance in themselves and the department
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple groups and departments as part of regular job function e.g. co-workers, peers, supervisors, shipping/receiving, warehouse, Engineering, Planning, etc.
- Meet all requirements to qualify for certification in the use of powered forklifts, i.e. Driver’s License. Will receive training in Forklift Safety and Operation and will be required to obtain recertification as needed.
Benefits that are offered include:
- Medical, Vision, & an enhanced Dental plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Miles of beautifully maintained walking trails
- Wellness Program with an Onsite Fitness Center
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match (Pretax and Roth options)
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Competitive annual bonus and sales incentive programs
- Employee discounts on oral care products
- Onsite café featuring daily specials with dinner-to-go options
- Professional development and training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement