EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead Engineer
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Engineer in Rockville, Maryland. The Lead Engineer will provide services to include supervising personnel, and performing maintenance and repair of equipment at the American Red Cross site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
- Prepare Watch Schedules in a timely manner.
- Monitoring, maintenance and repairs of the BMCS systems on the site.
- Troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
- Supervise the performance of the preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Provide Monthly Reports on Preventive Maintenance system.
- Attend meetings with Client and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Supervise the site O&M staff.
- Monitor Subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
- Perform other task as directed by his Supervisor
- A DC 3rd Class Engineer License or MD 1st Class Engineer License.
- A Universal certification
- A minimum of four (4) years' experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building. equipment to include but not limited to: Chillers =/+500 tons, Pumps, Control Systems, Air Handlers, Cooling Towers, Heat Exchangers, VAV’s and VFD’s.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs).
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment supplies parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.