POSITION - Union: Meter Technician, Apprentice Acceptable (Brewster, NY)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS - 1
LOCATION - NYSEG-NY-Brewster
Under directive supervision:
1. Performs any duties of a Field Service Representative which he has been trained to do.
2. Does routine work in meter shop such as packing, unpacking, shipping, receiving, and performing inventories.
3. May participate in restoring service during and after emergencies.
4. Performs other related or less skilled work as required, including reading meters and maintaining records.
5. May direct the work of others assisting him.
Under close supervision:
1. Performs the less complex duties of a Meter Technician ''C'' after appropriate training.
2. Tests, installs, sets, removes, reconnects, disconnects, maintains, and calibrates self-contained electric energy measurement devices* in the shop and in the field (single phase only). * whose primary function is used for the sale or exchange of energy
Skills and Requirements
1. Must possess an AAS degree in Electrical Technology or its equivalent as determined by passing the appropriate test.
2. Must have complied with all terms of the Memorandum of Agreement governing the Meter Technician Training Program as they apply to the Meter Technician Trainee.
3. Must become familiar with electrical generation, substation, transmission and distribution operation.
4. Must become familiar with the Company's Rules and Regulations applying to service and meter installations, any local ordinances governing electrical wiring, and have a good working knowledge of Underwriters' National Electric Code as it applies to the duties of this
5. Must become familiar with the Company's Safety Rules, approved method of resuscitation on or off the ground, and be able to render practical First Aid.
6. Must become thoroughly familiar with the Company's Electrical and Mechanical Tagging Rules.
7. Must possess the appropriate drivers license.
1. Normal health, physique, and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination given by a Company physician, including color perception.
2. Strength adequate for arduous labor as circumstances may require.
3. Must possess keen faculties of observation.
4. Should possess temperament suited to jobs where manual dexterity, precision, and patience are particularly essential.
5. Must be able to meet the public in a pleasant, tactful manner.
6. Must be especially neat, clean, and orderly in work and person.
7. Must have an established reputation for being strictly honest in the custody of money or property.
8. Must be willing to work extra and/or irregular hours as required.
9. Must be willing to work under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
10. Must be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
11. Must be able to plan work of limited scope.
12. Must be capable of making special investigations.
13. Must meet general requirements for all employees as described in Preamble to Job Specification Manual.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply
Single Phase Electric Power