To perform fleet inspections on customer vehicles (all sizes), scrap tire analysis and other duties as required. Perform tire service and repair work as well as basic general service functions on customer vehicles (all sizes).GCR is one of the largest full-service Tire & Service companies in the nation. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
* Perform service (mount, balance, rotate, and repair tires) and repair work for customers as directed by Service Manager (both inside and mobile).
* Section repairs.
* Fleet inspections.
* Responsible for safe operation of company vehicles including compliance with speed and traffic regulations.
* Insure truck is adequately supplied with tubes, repair materials, and replacement tires before departing store location to handle service calls.
* Any other duties as assigned.
* Insure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
* Perform pre trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
* Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre trip inspection.
* Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
* Performs general service work specific to alignments on vehicles using fixed and mobile equipment.
* Advises sales representatives concerning possible issues and makes recommendations.
* Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
* Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
* Maintain standards of cleanliness.
* Maintain equipment in good working order.
* Notify manager immediately of defects.
* Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1
* Other duties as assigned
Relevant experience and education required
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Servicing And Car Mechanics
- Traffic Laws