To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Category Consultant II
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 2 months ago
A Windstream Procurement Category Consultant II is responsible for a critical role with accountability for contracting, sourcing and procuring goods and services in support of the enterprise. The Contract Consultant II is category agnostic and can adeptly support required contract actions in any category with the same level of productivity in all. The Windstream portfolio of categories includes: Marketing, IT, Professional Services, Fleet, Freight, Network Infrastructure Equipment & Services, Travel, and Benefits/Human Resources to name a few. Following are the essential duties and functions of this Level II role.
- Perform pre-contract support, including vendor pre-qualification, RFI and RFx administration
- Negotiate, review, and draft contracts (includes NDAs, trade agreements, master agreements, amendments, statements of work, etc.) in all areas of complexity and risk, within one or more categories, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex, non-routine contractual documents. Can also prepare complex Requests for Proposals.
- Drive utilization of Windstream contract templates, minimize deviations.
- When using supplier templates, ensure supplier contracts adhere to terms and conditions set forth in contract templates and receives legal review and approval where contract terms differ.
- Provide specialized category contract knowledge in all assigned categories. Function as a domain expert.
- Interface with Business Owners, ensure contract negotiation objectives align with key stakeholder expectations, and provide project status and analysis throughout the negotiation and contract development phases.
- Actively participate in the development of risk/benefit analysis with Sourcing Team members, Legal department personnel, and Business Owners on contracting activities. Lead all affected personnel through the review of benefits received, goals achieved, and risks assumed as a part of all contracting activities. Document these activities, as applicable to contract action summarization (i.e., CARDS) and follow Windstream’s Contract/SOA Approval processes.
- Manage multiple simultaneous contracting activities.
- Ensure that projects/contract actions are tracked in Procurement Project Tracking Tool (“PPT”), summarize key project and contract actions taken. Keep information up-to-date.
- Ensure that Procurement tools are leveraged to proactively identify contract expirations and other risk-related contractual components (i.e., purchase obligations, ability to term for convenience, inclusion of service levels, etc.).
- Mentor and train less experienced contract management professionals.
- Engage as an Influencer, develop fluency within categories to be able to influence the business unit and vendors resulting in a more effective contract, which minimizes risk and provides superior service levels.
- Possesses deep level knowledge and superior acumen of the business that provides an extended view into the direction of the business allowing for effective and long term positive contractual results.
- Demonstrates Category Agnosticism and executes on contract actions in an equally effective and productive manner regardless of the category supported.
- J.D. Preferred
Work closely with Business Owners to implement contracts for identified needs.
- Work closely with Sourcing Team members to develop joint strategies for achieving Business Owner requirements. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results through agreed upon strategies. Ensure strategies remain in alignment with business goals over time.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Sourcing Team, Business Owners, key stakeholders and Legal.
- Meet regularly with Sourcing counterparts for assigned categories to ensure overall alignment.
- Provide incremental support to Sourcing team for execution of strategies within the category plans.
- Expand and promote the role of Procurement throughout Windstream. Demonstrate the value add.
- Express Windstream Culture in actions that impact peers, business owners, and other stakeholders. Consistently engage in a positive manner, and promote and lead by example the tenets of the WIN Culture.
- Contribute to the development and creation of Procurement and Procurement BU research and documentation.
- Identify and generate contracting process improvements (i.e., propose modifications to Windstream templates, regularly host meetings with business owners to discuss contract T & C improvement).
- Identify and implement savings opportunities to optimize Procurement BU spending.
- Act as a Change Agent for the enterprise, whereby the Contract Consultant’s acumen serves to enable change in the direction of the business to optimize and create a more effective process through contract language.
- Keep abreast of category trends, market and economic conditions, and other opportunities to leverage during overall contract management.
- Work closely with assigned Business Owners to ensure Procurement Contract Management is providing the highest level of support.
- Respond timely to Business Owner inquiries and special requests.
- Work with vendors and Business Owners to: identify, research and resolve procurement contract related issues; develop corrective action programs; and monitor progress and identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9+ years professional level related experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.