Process Engineer - Cleveland Plant
The Process Engineer’s role is viewed as an extension of management. We would also require this candidate to have experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting in a chemical process environment. Responsibilities are broad and include safety, product quality, process control, productivity improvement, and development of a LEAN culture. The process engineer is expected to spend a significant amount of time on the floor.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
• Assume a leadership position at safety meetings in partnership with the shift supervisors. Activities include resolution and communication regarding safety issues. Presentation of meeting agenda items.
• Resolve process issues in partnership with operators and shift supervisors.
• Proactively monitor area for potential safety issues.
• Use DAKOTA software as a tool for compliance for environmental, health and safety. Use the tool to report incidents, near misses and non-conformances
• Develop and execute upon “standard work” activities.
• Assume responsibility for assigned activities on the accountability board(s).
• Thoroughly understand the principle and philosophy behind the implementation of a LEAN culture.
• Lead the SPC program in your respective areas with the goal of reducing variability in the process; implement, coordinate and execute raw material testing program ensuring raw material variability is minimized.
• Ensure identification of root cause and subsequent prevention of future customer complaints.
• Coordinate the training of operators with a focus on quality critical product specifications and process parameters.
• Candidate must understand how to go on line to troubleshoot PLC processors.
• Must understand how system is operating to ensure safety controls are not compromised by changes.
• Must have the ability to specify and add measurement devices (i.e. Limit switches, flow switches, proximity switches etc.)
• Improve productivity through elimination of non-value-added activities.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineer with a Chemical process background from an ABET Accredited university and four to five years related experience and/or training.
• Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
• Understanding process variance and the resultant effects on Quality
• Knowledge of applied statistics
• Perform problem analysis utilizing problem solving methodology
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Complex Problem Solving
Programmable Logic Controllers
Product Quality Assurance