To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1886 West Main Street
P.O. Box 1181
Lutcher, LA 70071
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
First Student • Lutcher, LA
Posted 14 hours ago
We are currently looking for a Lead Technician at our St. James Parrish (Lutcher, LA) location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- Top Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- Consistent year-round work
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative fuel vehicles
As a First Student Lead Technician, You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Student Standards of Excellence
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Supervising maintenance operations. Planning and distributing the work and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Working closely with location manager, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifying actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Previous gasoline, diesel or alternative fuel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Experience as a lead technician or supervisor
- Valid driver’s license; Willing to obtain CDL while employed (in-house training provided!)
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Student (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading provider of school transportation services. With over 50,000 Employees, operating 44,000 school buses in 39 U.S. States, we move more passengers per day than all U.S. Airlines combined.
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.