Hingham's Specialized Deposit Group (SDG) is looking for a Relationship Manager to take responsibility for some of the Bank's most significant business, institutional, government, and private client banking relationships in the Washington, D.C. market. You will be responsible for new business development in the verticals the Bank targets: commercial real estate investors, property managers, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, professional services firms, life sciences, and technology companies. After seven years in the marketplace, Hingham's loan portfolio in greater Washington now exceeds $1B and we have a substantial and growing portfolio of deposit customers.
You will also manage a portfolio of existing relationships with key customers and their staff. As the key point of contact for these customers, you will manage the full range of their deposit banking needs, coordinate service requests and cross sell new products by partnering with our Business Client Services Team and Cash Management Specialists.
The SDG works closely with the Bank’s Commercial Lending Group to deliver deposit services to new and existing commercial customers and refer commercial real estate loans. You will also work with commercial real estate customers to grow their deposit relationship with the Bank. We target operating accounts by providing a high level of service, offering competitive rates, and cross selling cash management services.
Hingham prides itself on a flat corporate structure and our bankers are entrusted with considerable responsibility for business development and customer service. The SDG also plays an important role in our ongoing product development and process improvement efforts, aimed at providing a higher level of service to our customers, and may be responsible for identifying, testing, and delivering new products and services for our customers.
This is a hybrid role, based out of the Bank's new offices in Georgetown near the C&O Canal.
- Business Development: You will develop new relationships through a self-sourced portfolio, with a strong focus on our existing customer verticals (property management, municipalities, commercial real estate, non-profits). It is critical that you enjoy actively prospecting for new business, as this is the heart of the role.
- Manage Existing Relationships: You will serve as the primary banker for a portfolio of some of the Bank's most significant business, institutional, government, not for profit and private client banking relationships. You'll be responsible for coordinating their needs within the Bank, opening and closing accounts as necessary, and handling some of their basic needs relative to our digital products. You'll also be responsible for identifying opportunities to deepen our relationships with these clients through additional deposit/payments business or via our Residential and Commercial Lending Groups.
- Find Problems and Devise Solutions: As we grow alongside our customers, their needs change and our products and services must evolve. You will facilitate delivery of our digital products, including online and mobile banking, payments services (wire, remote deposit capture, ACH, lockbox, and merchant services) in conjunction with our Digital Banking Group and third party vendors. These solutions solve real problems for our customers and it is critical we stay engaged with them to ensure that our products are meeting their needs. We'll also expect you to provide input to our product and process development process over time based on our customers' experiences.
Qualifications: Successful candidates should have a strong record of business development or relationship management in a business banking, private banking or cash management role. A book of business in non-profit, commercial real estate, professional services, or property management is strongly preferred but not required.
Successful candidates should have a strong record of business development or relationship management in a business banking, private banking or cash management role. A book of business in non-profit, commercial real estate, professional services, or property management is strongly preferred but not required.
Requirements - What You'll Bring
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytic skills with an ability to translate business plans and goals
- An ability to effortlessly build relationships with trust and respect
- Strong self-management/drive and a meticulous approach to organization
- Ability to prioritize and differentiate between what’s needed versus what’s wanted.
- Be adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable with implementing structure
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Do you believe there’s always room for improvement? We are constantly trying to improve our internal processes and our customer experience.
- Do you always dot your i’s and cross your t’s? Attention to detail is a must.
- Are you happy to lend a helping hand? We are a small, tight-knit group and at times all wear a number of different hats.
- Are you transparent and do you prefer addressing the elephant in the room? We pride ourselves on being upfront and honest. We do not have the time or energy for corporate politics.
- Do you pick up the ball that someone else may have dropped? We are looking for people that own the company goals beyond just doing their job.
- Are you OK with making a mistake? We are too, as long as we learn from them and don’t repeat them.
As a family-run company, we offer an excellent benefits package. Hingham is one of the most profitable banks in the country and our profit-sharing program offers all employees the opportunity to participate in this success.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources (Gym Membership).
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Relationship Management