* At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through faster, more accurate molecular diagnostic tests. Our innovative products are increasing opportunities to improve patient survival and quality of life, by enabling medical providers to identify and manage diseases early.
* Our mission is to deliver a better way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere. Whether testing for COVID-19 in a hospital lab in New York City, for tuberculosis in a mobile clinic in Botswana, or for CT/NG in an OB/GYN practice in Madrid, Cepheid is positively impacting the quality of patient care and saving lives every day.
* At Cepheid we follow a simple, but vital premise: A Better Way. We believe that Human Factors and User Experience is essential to this mission and is at the forefront of how we create intuitive and innovative medical diagnostic products. We are looking for a Human Factors Engineer (HFE) Intern (Summer 2023) to join our diverse team to create effective, efficient, engaging, and easy to use products.
* The Human Factors Engineer Intern will be responsible for enabling growth through the implementation and sustainment of continuous improvement practices related to Human Factors and Usability Analysis for Cepheid products and services. The role is perfect if you are relentlessly customer/ user focused and have a knack for finding answers and solutions to a broad variety of tasks and challenges.
About the Summer Internship Program:
* Our summer internship opportunities are the gateway for your entry into the exciting world of Human Factors Engineering and User Research by enabling you to put your academic training and passion to work for a global company whose products impact health care every day. As an intern, you'll be part of a team developing rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex health challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform and support research relating to identifying the user, their needs, environments, values, and pain points for creation of a use specification.
* Perform risk-analysis according to Human Factors Engineering standards and guidelines (uFMEA, task analysis/ use-error analysis)
* Support the planning, conduct, and reporting of research activities including field studies, heuristic evaluations, user testing, focus groups, surveys, anthropometric analysis etc..
* Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
* Write and present effective and compelling findings and recommendations based on research.
* Track usability issues throughout the entire product development process and report progress toward meeting usability goals to management.
This intern will work on-site full time at Sunnyvale California.
Education and Experience :
* Masters Degree or PhD student pursuing a degree in: Human Factors Engineering (HFE), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Systems Engineering, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design, User Experience Research, or related disciplines.
* GPA of 3.0 or above
Knowledge and skills:
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences
* Demonstrated effectiveness in working to define, manage, and prioritize work
* Strong research and analytical skills, including ability to conduct statistical and qualitative analysis of data
* Experience writing usability testing protocols. Experience in the planning and conducting of usability studies.
* Knowledge of worldwide human factors publications, standards, and both cognitive & physical heuristics, preferred to have knowledge in IEC 62366, AAMI HE75, FDA Guideline on Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices.
* As part of Cepheid's Biosafety and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, any associate who will be working with biohazardous materials or those who are required to work where others are using biohazardous materials, will be required to show proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination and take a biosafety training.
* For associates who are not vaccinated but are willing to be, Cepheid will schedule the vaccination with our occupational health clinic before the intern goes into the lab.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Human Factors Engineering Intern
to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.
- Business Process Improvement
- Failure Analysis
- Field Studies
- Hardworking And Dedicated