Empire Today's Finance/Accounting/Payroll/Tax teams supports the back office functions of the organization. This includes payroll, cash management, cash collections, cash payment, tax, procurement and inventory. This function is vital to the operation which supports the continued success of Empire Today.
The Accounting Associate is an integral part of a fast-paced, growth-oriented, analytical team. They are responsible for assisting with the month end close process, prepares and posts journal entries, and reconciles general ledger account. The Accounting Associate also audits and reconciles Daily Cash while performing various accounting projects to support the team and Empire Today as a whole.
- Have accounting experience.
- Ability to work on a team and multi-task.
- Be proficient in working with strict deadlines.
- Be proficient in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Possess excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family's health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance - Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program - A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks - An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
About EMPIRE TODAY(r)
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.