Chemical Company in Houston is looking to hire a driven Business Operations Manager to maximize our company’s operating capabilities. The Business Operations Manager will report to the President and lead the development and implementation of our operational strategies to maximize profits while maintaining the highest level of quality and customer service. In addition, he will play a pivotal role in creating the budget, and employ strategies to co-ordinate all aspects of manufacturing, materials management- purchasing, planning and logistics.
In collaboration with the Plant Manager and with the other executives, the Business Operations Manager will play a key role in the development and execution of our business plan, in line with our corporate vision, mission and values.
• Provide effective leadership to all major areas of responsibility and execute business objectives that positively impact the Company’s reputation, future and bottom line.
• Evaluate process improvement measures and present business growth opportunities or related suggestions to the President and Vice President.
• Together with the Plant Manager set individual targets by functional area for improvements in quality, delivery and regularly audit performance against goals.
• Evaluates team performance and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
• Structure effective training programs and measure their success.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with both management and others.
• Must be highly skilled at recognizing, diagnosing, and solving problems. Effective business planning, problem-solving, decision making, and sound business judgment; strong analytical ability, interpersonal communications, technical aptitude. Must have a friendly and collaborative management style.
• Complete understanding of profit & loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements with experience in capital expenditure budget management
• Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and implementation
• Align management team goals including optimal operational processes, procedures and standards driving high performance, accountability and results; best practices in recruitment and retention; leadership abilities including motivating employees and providing a positive influence; professional development, training programs and succession planning;
• Assist the executive team in developing and implementing an overall manufacturing and related business strategy in order to support business objectives.
• Develop short- and long-term strategies/investment proposals, which will allow the company to achieve competitive advantages, service leadership, and cost reductions.
• Also to support the financial reports, direct changes and process improvements to ensure business unit profitability. Prepare and manage capital project budgets for cost reduction, quality improvement and production expansion at existing facilitiy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business or other related disciplines;
• Legal authorization to work in the United States is mandatory.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), from an accredited University.
- 10 plus years of successful Operations Management experience in business or a manufacturing environment preferably chemicals or plastics.
• Competitive Salary with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, Life, Disability
• 401k with company matching
• Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Business Process Improvement
Process Improvements (Business)