To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Compassus • Springfield, MO
Posted 1 day ago
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more than a career—It’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as an Accounts receivable Specialist to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for generating accounts receivable revenue, processing claims, following up on claims, maintaining collection notes, posting deposits, submitting provider notifications, and balancing all aspects of accounts receivable. As the Accounts receivable Specialist, you will also provide backup for accounts payable when AR is involved, which includes working with hospitals and facilities to ensure accurate patient information.
- Reviews and submits Notice of Elections as required for Medicare, Medicaid, or Private Insurance.
- Notifies DCS of appropriate patient negotiated insurance coverage.
- Runs pre-billing reports on assigned programs and pre-billing claims for review
- Monitors as well as assist the programs as needed with financial classes and recertification dates.
- Is knowledgeable of appropriate data required on claims and assures filing of accurate claims according to payer specifications.
- Submits appropriate claims corrections or adjustments as needed.
- Assembles required back up and approvals for AR adjustments and turns them into their Manager.
- Assembles required back up with Executive Director and Regional Clinical Director approvals for any account balances that will result in bad debt and submits it to the AR Manager for additional approval.
- Works with Programs, Hospitals, and Long Term Care facilities as needed to ensure accurate billing and AP information.
- Generates unbilled revenue reports at end of month and confirms all patients that were not generated are accounted for.
- Works the unbilled revenue report weekly by communicating missing information to the programs to ensure generation of all revenue.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Insurance Contracts, and notifies Team Leader or Manager in writing of any problems or deviation from contract.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance rules/procedures/and rates for billing.
- Monitors every outstanding claim on the aging report at least once every two weeks.
- Ensures that any account over 60 days old is being investigated on a consistent basis and documents every follow up attempt.
- Verifies that every related office has received any necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Monitors requests for ADR’s or other information needed to complete billing/collection process on a daily basis and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Performs monthly status checks on all current ADR patients.
- Works the RTP claims in Medicare, monitors RA/EOB’s, monitors Medicaid and Private Insurances websites on a daily basis to ensure that all claims are processing for payment.
- Performs monthly AR reviews and works with Team Leader or Manager to resolve problem accounts.
- Post Medicare, Medicaid, PIP, or Private Insurance Deposits daily or weekly as needed.
- Balances EOB/RA’s to deposit entry and bank printouts.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of items required for program or yearly audits as needed.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Possesses familiarity with medical terminology and medical records
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in accounting information systems
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required. Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; minimum of one year experience in healthcare billing systems and/or training in data processing on micro-computer systems and third party billing in a health care setting.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.