Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
The Press Operator meets safety, production, sustainability and quality standards. Interacts with other departments to achieve company core strategies. Operates Komori, Heidelberg or Mitsui press. Assists in press make ready, operations, wash-up, maintenance and safety, in order to optimize production.
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Timely completes all pre-flight/make-ready for job order verifying specified components needed.
- Executes all pre-run job inspections.
- Maintains quality and color throughout press run in accordance with FDC specified standards.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Operates a pallet jack.
- Complies with established facility safety policies and procedures and other regulations (IE: GMP, HAACP, BRC) as applicable including work instructions.
While this role is for a Lithographic Press Operator, if someone has the right amount of experience as a printing press operator, there may be opportunity for hire.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to five years as a printing press operator experience and/or training.
Always a Plus:
- One to Five years as Lithographic Press Operator.
Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 6PM-6AM Sun,Mon,Tues, Alternating Sat
- 6AM-6PM Sun,Mon,Tues, Alternating Sat
- 6AM-6PM Weds, Thur, Fri, Alternating Sat
- 6PM-6AM Weds, Thur, Fri, Alternating Sat
Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.