Position: BMET II
Location: Prince Frederick, MD
Employment: 6 month contract
The Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET II) is required to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and verify the performance of complex biomedical equipment with minimal supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of these duties. The BMET II may serve as technical advisor to the medical and clinical staff in the safe operation and use of clinical equipment. This position also assists in developing specifications for the selection of new clinical equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the TRIMEDX core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Technical Service (40%)
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on complex and intricate biomedical equipment
- Repair, install, and calibrate complex and intricate biomedical equipment
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
Regulatory Compliance (25%)
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adheres to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management (25%)
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
- Provide a positive representation of TRIMEDX services by integrating the core values into job performance
Inventory (10 %)
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
Education and Work Experience
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required
- Technical Certification (CBET) strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
- Valid driver's license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
- Complex computer skills including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
Medasource is a leading Healthcare Technology solutions firm that enables clients to deliver on high-profile engagements by leveraging a proven network of expert consultants. We offer flexible human capital solutions and customized engagement models for projects of any shape and size. Our consultants support popular technologies for organizations including health systems, academic medical centers, and payers, as well as pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and device companies. Medasource offers more than 17 years of experience helping clients across the United States leverage new technology to improve care. We have over 175 clients in the healthcare industry, 5,000 consultants in the field, and delivery offices in 26 major US cities. We are a full service consulting firm that provides consultants with the following expertise: Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks, Athena, PeopleSoft, Lawson, SAP, Workday, Kronos, Premier, Population Health Management/Analytics, Legacy Application Support, Project Management, Business Analysis, Application Integration Analyst, Clinical Education, Top Flight University Talent, Revenue Cycle, HIM, Pharma, Life Sciences, BioInformatics, Clinical Engineering.
Medasource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)