Performs routine and special cost analyses in order to prepare various reports in support of the company’s manufacturing effort in accordance with corporate and divisional policies and procedures and provide adequate and accurate manufacturing cost information.
- Maintain all components of cost sheets. Prepare and perform accounting functions for locations. Work with engineers on labor rate standards. Set up cost sheets on CAMS system. Work with upper management to ensure proper costing and reasonability.
- Budget preparation – Check specification sheets for all budget forecasts. Assist in reviewing standards with industrial engineer and make necessary changes. Review budget sheets for errors. Input new budgets into JD Edwards General Ledger files.
- Review with Plant Managers labor resources. M & R costs, and all fixed costs. Prepare hourly and salary headcount based on Plant Manager’s needs. Enter all necessary budget information onto Overhead sheets by department. Prepare summary of budget by locations.
- Verifies that inventory statistical and financial reports are accurate and in compliance; ensures appropriate documentation is developed and maintained as required by the organization and/or GAAP standards and methodology; ensures a current and historical library is maintained on all department/project activity, financial and statistical. Oversees and audits departmental and off site warehousing inventory expenses, records and reports, to detect deviations from established policies, procedures, or any fraudulent or wasteful activity; resolve daily accounting variances and other related issues to ensure compliance to company, SOX and other regulatory agencies and guidelines.
- Prepare Excel worksheets compiling quantities and standard costs. Prepare month end journal entries after verifying amounts and accounts are correct. Prepare accruals and allocations, including utilities and salaries. Prepare month end reports for Managers and VP’s of manufacturing concerning performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, required.
- Two plus years job specific experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and Email, required)
- Good understanding of accounting concepts, terminology, and practices and principles.
- Understanding of the concepts, practices, systems and terminology of inventory management.
- Proficient in the following departmental database systems: AS400, JD Edwards, CAMs and Internet.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to effectivelyAbility to assist with the management of the department’s budget, while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Under general supervision, plans and conducts assignments, reviews progress and results.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Understands the fundamentals of the business and establishes priorities in line with the needs of the business.
- Effective in dealing with individuals at differing levels, internal and external to the organization.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles