To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UNIX Admin/Python Programmer (REMOTE)
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 13 days ago
Unix Admin/Python programmer
This Unix admin/Python programmer position in Network Business Intelligence - Engineering Applications (NBI-Apps) will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies to support and develop automation systems and processes. Projects are in support of data quality initiatives that will enable the Engineering arm of Windstream to function more efficiently and effectively. We are looking for a Linux administrator capable of handling and managing over 40 servers running RHEL/Centos 6 and 7. You will also be tasked with writing Python scripts to aggregate device information from various equipment supporting Windstream’s network service offerings and other Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) operations. This position demands a self-starter who is comfortable organizing theirs and other developers’ work to achieve goals.
• Build, automate, and support infrastructure.
• Bring your ideas for framework and tools.
• Automate manual activities with scripting and other tools
• Create dashboards to monitor our servers.
• Ensure disaster recovery procedures are in place, participate in DR dry runs, automate steps wherever possible.
• Monitor all server environments, ensure each are healthy, and have the latest patches and security components installed.
• Provide system documentation as needed: including architectural diagrams, process, and data flowcharts.
• Development of ETL logic using Python and CloverETL to support business intelligence needs.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Manage work through Agile tools and methodology, collaborative repositories, issue tracking platforms, and wikis.
• Manage projects through completion via coordinatinon of cross-functional groups.
• Effective communication in person and through Microsoft Teams, Jira, Confluence, and email.
• Independent project execution with minimal oversight.
• Provide technical mentorship for the team.
• Strong working experience with servers, virtualization, hypervisors.
• Experience building DevOps function from the ground up.
• Experience with any modern Linux distro, especially RHEL or Centos.
• Familiarity with package creation for any distro (RPM/DEB/PKG).
• Solid scripting skills, ability to trouble shoot complex solutions and derive at appropriate actions to take.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, bash, Perl, etc.).
• Experience with Docker / Kubernetes.
• Experience with RDBMS technologies, particularly Oracle.
• Knowledge of basic networking (Firewalls, NAT, Routing, IPTables, etc.).
• Experience selecting and implementing the right technology
• Experience in training the company/organization as to what devops does and how it’s done
• drive to succeed and improve personally to add value to the role, team, and company.
• Self-starter, relentlessly curious, resourceful, collaborative, and inventive.
• Good team player and communicator.
• Highly organized and meticulous.
• Positive attitude with the desire to solve problems in elegant and creative ways.
• Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git.
• Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Gitlab CI, or Jenkins
• Familiar with any Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Ansible or Saltstack
• Experience in use and/or development with:
◦ Microsoft Teams
• Knowledge of basic network technologies like IPv4, IPv6, SONET, Ethernet, etc.
• Familiar with various functional areas pertaining to telecommunications networks:
◦ Circuit design
◦ Traffic engineering
◦ Network system design
◦ Equipment planning
• Experience with Hadoop/big data technologies.
• Experience working with large, disparate datasets.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.