PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The aide is assigned personal and custodial care responsibilities for clients in home settings. A plan of care developed by the nurse will direct the care to be provided by the aide. The aide will work under the direction of the nurse and supervision of the manager.
- Possess nursing assistant certification or completed one year of clinical classes in accredited school of nursing.
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
- This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne
- STNA certification
- High school diploma
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel.
Duty 1: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide personal care appropriate to the age of the client and provides care in a consistent and timely manner.
Duty 2: Provides personal care within the scope of a certified nursing assistant and light housekeeping services as directed by the Nurse Coordinator and indicated on the Caregiver Assignment sheet in the client’s home during every client visit.
Duty 3: Reports any changes in client’s health and requests for additional services to the nurse coordinator or manager.
Duty 4: Logs into the current time keeping system using the client’s telephone to record hours worked and services provided. Updates progress notes in the client’s home and provides required documents to the office staff in timely manner.
Duty 5: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
Duty 6: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision and values of the organization to promote client satisfaction.
Certified Nursing Assistant