Insight Global is seeking a Sales Director to sit in either DC or Baltimore for an exciting, fast growing startup headquartered in the Greater Boston Area! Our client is a web and mobile software solutions company servicing the construction industry. This is a start-up organization that has transitioned out of their early-stage growth into hyper-growth stage. The company builds cutting edge B2B technology platforms that help drive innovation, foster connectivity between stakeholders, and dramatically improve efficiency (and revenue) for their customers think Uber for the construction industry. Their core logistics platform allows heavy construction companies to schedule and manage independent truck operators with just a few clicks. The platform is quickly expanding into a number of different verticals within the industry and adding a number of services designed to improve the profitability for both construction companies and truck providers. Their current customer network consists of hundreds of construction contractors and thousands of truck operators.
This Regional Sales Director will be responsible for growing the Midatlantic Region from Baltimore to DC and the Carolinas. You will work closely with the Chief Sales Officer to own and grow business development for primarily new logos and accounts as well as develop business for our clients national strategic account. The organization has an aggressive growth strategy in place and is looking to on-board over 100 new accounts nationwide in 2019 with the goal of hitting total market coverage and 100% of key target accounts immediately. They are taking a heavy outside sales approach focused on the Challenger Sales methodology of driving value for their customers while also building trust and relationships. This includes an expense account for lunches, dinners, out of office entertainment, etc and 40-50% face to face meetings. The sales approach is extremely focused on educating the customer on how the platform will add significant value to their business model and explain how this platform coincides with how the industry is changing. Within your market, you will also have a Customer Success Manager to support you with product implementation, customer on-boarding & training, up-sells, farming, and customer support. There is also a team of Sales Development Representatives to support you in lead generation and cold calling, though the ideal candidate will be someone who considers themselves a true hunter at heart, and is comfortable jumping into business development and cold calling to grow their region from the ground up.
Longer term, this Sales Director will have an opportunity to hire and manage additional Account Executives as the organization continues to grow and scale. This is an amazing opportunity for an aggressive sales hustler who is excited about taking their relevant experience and applying it towards having significant influence growing an organization and a team that is disrupting their industry with platform technology for the first time platform technology with the proven ability to triple their customers profits.
- 5+ years of full cycle sales experience including business development and account management with deep knowledge in the heavy construction, heavy construction equipment, telematics, and/or aggregate materials industry
- Strong technology sales experience
- Strong experience targeting net new logos for business development
- Goal oriented hustler who thrives off meeting and exceeding the numbers
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to sell through adding value
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an excitement about owning/growing a business in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with a variety of stakeholders from C-level executives to construction business owners and contractors
- Familiarity with targeting a highly fragmented, low-tech/technophobic industry
- Experience leading sales teams for a technology startup based on a Platform or SaaS model
- Experience hiring/mentoring/managing Sales and/or Business Development Representatives
Assign Work Position
Ensuring Company Policies
Multi Store Management