- Assist in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor welding equipment, including weld controls, MIG welding robots, resistance spot welding robots and projection welders (fasteners).
- Provide robot preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and mastering
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job
- Provide technical support in developing and improving welding processes.
- Provide support in the analysis and resolution of weld equipment failures.
- Troubleshoot part fit-up problems.
- Working knowledge of Fanuc and ABB robot programming and general welding maintenance, including cap changes.
- Assistance in development of the weld quality control process.
- Be familiar with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, AC motors and variable frequency drives (ABB, Endomat).
- Controls knowledge including Norton sealant systems (Allen-Bradley, SLC 500 and SLC 5000 family of programmable controllers and PanelView operator interfaces; Device Net and ControlNet communications).
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Abb robotics and GMAW welding equipment.
- Familiar with low and high-pressure hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication systems.
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the company safety policies
- Responsible to maintain good housekeeping in work area
- 2 years of prior work experience working with programming and operating robotic welding machines
- Lincoln/FANUC Machine Programming/Operation REQUIRED to run Automated Welding
- Understand weld quality and parameters
- Familiar with analog/digital I/Os and mapping external signals from a PC environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic CAD capability (Solid works preferred)
- Math skills desired (algebra, trig, shop mathematics)
- Self-motivated, initiates work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to work various shifts as needed to support production demands
- Able to train programming skills to others is preferred
- Associates Degree in a technical subject preferred
- Specific FANUC or Lincoln Automation robotics training preferred
- 1st Shift 5:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 2nd Shift 3:30 pm - 1:00 am
- OT When Necessary
Use Protective Equipment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2580
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sabre Industries, Inc. provides infrastructure products and services throughout the United States and the world. We are the parent company of Sabre Towers and Poles, Sabre Site Solutions, CellXion and Sabre Tubular Structures.
View the full profile
Providing one source for wireless network infrastructure, our tower division, Sabre Towers and Poles, designs and manufactures a full line of tower structures. Sabre Site Solutions, our components division, offers a full range of tower accessories including antenna mounting systems; and our shelter division, CellXion, designs and manufactures concrete and lightweight equipment shelters. Sabre also serves the utility industry. Our tubular steel pole division, Sabre Tubular Structures, designs and manufactures tubular steel poles used for power delivery, telecommunications, and sports and high mast lighting.