The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing the day to day needs of our institutional customers and supporting our overall customer service group. This role is instrumental in coordinating the needs of our customers within the organization, primarily through interactions through our production, quality, and technical service teams. Ensure that organizational goods or services consistently meet client needs. Also responsible for directly managing select national/multi-national client accounts, providing sales quotations as well as sustaining and renewing client contracts. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Some travel to customer sites, trade shows, and similar commercial events will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing day to day orders and needs of select institutional customers
- Coordinating within the organization on information requests/needs to customers around lead times, order status, logistics information, product attributes, and similar
- Assist/support marketing department and junior salespeople in customer lead generation and pipeline development
- Managing select client accounts order patterns, fulfillments against contracts, supporting quotations for new business, or scheduling Sales Managers’ time at client sites.
- Managing the day to day needs of our Customer Service Department, as well as managing our customer service group - measuring key performance indicators, individual and department performance, developing and managing departmental budgets.
- Developing the team - ability to implement coaching programs, employee development, and/or discipline
- Analyze, evaluate and compare company product lines with those in competitive organizations and recommend strategies, which will minimize the effect of the competition on sales while enhancing sales for the company.
- Take responsibility for the analysis of the customer and/or business segment in order to spot trends, resolve problems and to correct any procedural errors being made.
- Various activates and analysis to support our commercial business, as necessary
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have the ability to travel to customer sites or tradeshows throughout the United States, on occasion.
- Must have the ability to work both autonomously as well as with a team.
- Technical skillset – ERP experience, high level Access / Excel is required
- Demonstrated experience managing a high performance work group in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a Technical discipline. Customer Service Management or Sales Account Management experience is preferred. MBA or related advanced degree is preferred plus. A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in managing direct reports or Customer accounts, preferably in a manufacturing or food environment
Sensient Natural Ingredients Group
The Sensient Natural Ingredients Groupis part of the Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Groupand is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods. The Natural Ingredients unit is located in Turlock, California.
About Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group
Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group, a part of Sensient Technologies Corporation, offers value-added, technology-based flavor systems that bring life to food and beverage products. Sensient Flavors has become a leading global flavor company by taking a unique approach to how we do business: We vertically integrate key product components, which provides a technical advantage and a more thorough understanding of potential applications. By carefully examining customer requirements, and applying our flavor delivery expertise; extensive technical resources; and unsurpassed consumer insight; we are able to deliver exceptional taste solutions -- tailored to meet each customer’s needs.
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training