Job ID: 154943
Adams Products, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This position is responsible for providing support to the Operations or Plant Manager in scheduling, inventory and purchasing of raw materials and other supplies as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
- Issue production schedule(s) to plant(s) to maximize and ensure on-time customer delivery
- Advise on shipping information and delivery date
- Maintain line of communication with production and purchasing on material status and production planning issues
- Work with Operations or Plant Manager regarding managing inventory levels
- Participate in physical inventories
- Order and supervises unloading of raw materials
- Order parts and supplies and receives in the Purchasing System
- Assist Operations Manager and EH&S Manager in delivering safety training as needed
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High school diploma / equivalent with some college course work in business preferred
- Knowledge of business products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer Skills (Excel, Word)
- Understanding of Lawson Business System
- Ability to learn product technical information
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with changing situations
- Position is exposed to plant environment of dust, noise, fumes, hot and cold temperatures
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Extended periods of standing/walking required
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Adams Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Material Requirements Planning