HydroAir, a subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies, is seeking an Technical Service Representative. In this role you will serve as a primary technical resource for your team and our customers when it comes to Fluid Power questions. As the primary knowledge base, you’ll directly impact our customers and the bottom line.
If you’re outgoing, know Fluid Power, and are looking for a career – Apply Today!
- Confer with customers and factory representatives to assess equipment needs based on application requirements.
- Project management to include: project definitions, specification, time line, product selection, support engineering functions, cost estimates, testing and troubleshooting.
- Create documentation with CAD drawings; wiring diagrams, panel layouts, custom displays, as built drawings, etc. to support fabrication and customer requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers by answering inquiries, understanding new products and technologies, assisting with product selection, and interpreting product information.
- Provide presale support to Sales Engineers and customers: including application assessment, concept development, proposal preparation, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain concepts, products or services to co-workers and customers.
- Maintain documentation with high level of detail on customer projects as appropriate.
- Maintain project activity journal as directed
- S.E.E. or equivalent from accredited university or college
- Minimum 3-5yrs experience in Industrial Automation; including motor controls (servo, stepper and AC VFD’s), belt and screw-driven actuators, PLC’s, HMI’s, robotic systems, motion control systems, sensors, hydraulic systems, safety sensors and safety controls.
- PLC’s, ladder logic, HMI, Interface programming (CanOpen, Profibus, DeviceNet, etc)
- Knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in the selection of suitable automation components and development of system schematics and models based on application criteria.
- Knowledge of the practical application of hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, robotic, vacuum, and automation technology.
Other Skills / Abilities
- Experience in Automotive, Food/Beverage, Packaging, Semiconductor, Textiles, Wood Handling, and Medical industries is a plus.
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates.
HydroAir is the leading distributor of fluid power, mobile hydraulic and industrial automation solutions in the Northeast. Staffed by Certified Fluid Power Engineers and Specialists, they are ready to assist customers with hydraulic projects from concept to completion.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world’s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply to let us know the nature of your request.
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Variable Frequency Drive