- Answer Quitline incoming calls related to those who are seeking assistance in stopping tobacco use providing reactive and proactive counseling.
- Complete and maintain documentation in the database for each call logging message left on voicemail, performing counseling and follow ups on designated calls as appropriate.
- Provide information or guidance on all questions regarding tobacco cessation via Quitline technology (telephone, chat, text, email).
- Participate in course and become certified as a tobacco treatment specialist; maintain CEU requirement for certification.
- Follow Quitline protocol on all responses.
- Refer questions to the medical team when deemed appropriate.
- Assure all information is collected and entered into the database.
- Assist in assembling and mailing appropriate requested material.
- Participate as a member of the resource evaluation committee to assure continual updating of resources.
- Assist in indexing new materials.
- Be familiar with current smoking cessation and tobacco intervention techniques for the purpose of counseling.
- Understand and implement protocols for dealing with special groups or projects.
- Become familiar with all issues concerning tobacco prevention and environmental issues.
- Coordinate and implement mission related activities.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor deliverables.
- Complete reports as assigned.
- Staff committees and work groups as assigned.
- Certification as an addiction counselor and/or experience in counseling, community health education or social work is preferred with a minimum of (5) years proven experience. Previous
experience with tobacco cessation or health behavior change, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone and online via chat and demonstrate good customer service.
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a call center environment; manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently in a telephone call center.
- Ability to work schedule: 1:30 pm - 9:00 pm (9 week training; daytime hr 8:00AM - 3:30PM)
- Critical skills required including analytical decision making, customer resource knowledge, organizing and coordinating, position-specific expertise, interpersonal understanding,
teamwork/internal partnership, individual accountability, initiative, versatility and self-management.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Good typing skills.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Must have valid Driver's license and reliable transportation
•**Maintain a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from use tobacco in any form.***