Interested in a technical sales career
with future growth opportunities? We're looking for a Business Development Representative
to join the team at Intertek Allentown, that wants to build something great with an incredible group of people. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better. Our Value Proposition
We offer a benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, and more. In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, our BD Representatives are offered:
What will you be doing?
- Competitive base salary plus sales commission plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Day to day variety with the ability to work in a clean environment on high profile projects
- Opportunity for growth (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement/relocation)
- Employee referral bonuses
This position, located at the Intertek Allentown facility, will play a critical technical sales role in serving existing customers and developing new business for the Allentown business. Intertek Allentown focuses on providing advanced analytical testing services to a wide variety of companies in the chemicals and materials industrial space. The individual will join a fast-paced team of business development professionals and have the following primary responsibilities:
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with key customers through structured interactions that help solve scientific problems
- Perform technical sales duties including calling customers and following up on inquiries
- Work closely with laboratory staff to create professional quotes
- Utilize customer relations tool to accurately forecast sales pipeline
The successful candidate will have proficiency with Microsoft software tools (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to quickly learn and navigate other software tools used for opportunity tracking. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable having technical sales-related conversations with laboratory colleagues and customers. The candidate will need to have experience in a fast-paced team-based environment and demonstrated ability to successfully juggle multiple activities simultaneously. Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute account plans for grow and key customers so that revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Partner with technical staff to generate accurate and timely quotes based on customer requirements, applicable standards, lab capabilities, and pricing tools
- Enhance revenue and margins by evaluating various pricing options, making intelligent pricing decisions, and executing pricing strategies
- Analyze price quote performance by customer and sales team, opportunity type, and service offering to improve quote close rates
- Leverage information from customers, sales, and operational areas of the business to align pricing with organizational goals
- Partner with sales and operations to provide market intelligence on competitive pricing in order to develop competitive pricing strategies
- Partner with sales and operations to identify and target new and existing market segments, establish customer relationships and win projects to meet growth targets
- Develop client relationships with current and/or prospective customers by attending sales meetings with the purpose of closing business
Intertek's Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals team serves the chemical and pharmaceutical industries with a diverse range of services. Our chemical experts provide testing, consultancy, inspection, to ensure a variety of chemicals are produced efficiently and in compliance to regulatory standards. Our pharmaceutical specialists support drug development and products through contract laboratory services, regulatory guidance, and supply chain assurance.
What qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, forensic chemistry, chemical engineering) and minimum of 4 years of relevant technical or technical sales experience %26ndash; (ex: Research and development, manufacturing or applications support, contract analytical laboratory, or contract research organization)
- Experience in business-to-business (B2B) consultative sales is preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world%26rsquo;s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Technical Sales
- Business Development
- Consultative Selling
- Market Intelligence