To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technician III
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 21 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldEngineering Technician III
Duties and General Functions:
This position provides aircraft instrumentation and wiring support to the Air Vehicle Modification and Instrumentation Facility located at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, MD. The Wiring Technician must have the technical knowledge to demonstrate a practical application of aircraft wiring procedures. The ability to perform soldering and knowledge of tools and equipment required to perform required functions. This position receives technical guidance, as required from supervisor or higher level-technician. Work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments.
The Engineering Technician III performs the following functions and duties:
- Provides maintenance services in the installation, maintenance, calibrations, testing, and troubleshooting of aircraft instrumentation.
- Perform repairs, fabrication, modification and installation of electrical wiring harnesses, cables, wires, wiring assemblies, and associated parts.
- Receive traveler and review the drawings.
- Make labels, bag and tag items.
- Provide QA items for inspection.
- Package items to be delivered to customer.
- Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in performing aircraft instrumentation functions.
- The candidate for this position must be knowledgeable and demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Validate data system wiring to drawings
- Install/modify data system wiring in aircraft
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Previous aircraft experience is required
- Basic Computer skills focusing on Excel
- Ability to work well with people
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
Working Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings (hangers) or on aircraft where bending and being and squeezing in tight spaces is necessary. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, kneeling, climbing and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 50, 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
U S Citizenship required and ability to obtain and hold a US DoD Secret Security clearance.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.