About the Role
CNote uses technology to empower individuals and institutions to further economic equality, racial justice, gender equity, and address climate change with their capital. We reconcile payments, track investments, accounts and portfolios, process analytical data, and much more. The Engineering Team is looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to build software that simplifies ESG investing to reduce the wealth gap by using the latest technologies.
You will work on projects such as money movement between CNote investors and partners, our accounting and general ledger system, and other core services that help CNote continue to be a market leader. This role reports to the Head of Engineering.
As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. When it comes to technology, we’re looking to work with people who can pick up a problem and solve it. We don’t expect you to have a background in everything we use. We do expect strong programming fundamentals and a focus on pragmatism over perfection.
What You'll Achieve
- Work with Product and Engineering to build new features, focusing on the backend
- Lead architecture of new features and products
- Build internal tools to support simplicity and productivity for the whole company
- Contribute to growth of engineering team, culture, and processes
- Work across the entire tech stack to improve infrastructure, performance, processes, and code
- Participate in the design and development of projects, either independently or with the team.
- Lead design and development of new core APIs and services.
- Be self-sufficient and take responsibility for delivering projects to production.
- Debug and improve data model and backend services.
- Work closely with front end developers to implement complete solutions.
- Provide mentorship to team members and participate in process improvements.
- Seeking a remote-first role working with people who care deeply about their impact on local communities.
- Comfortable debugging and have an appetite to refactor code and follow best practices.
- Experience working with front end frameworks (React, Vue) and systems.
- Understand when to favor pragmatism over perfection and vice versa.
- Excellent problem-solving across front-end and back-end.
- Ability to collaborate in a team-based environment while understanding and solving technical issues with independent discretion.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (English).
- Expert attention to detail and follow-up skills; customer-focused and results-oriented attitude.
- Willingness and belief in continuous improvement and learning.
- Open, inclusive mindset.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid start-up environment.
Our Current Stack
- Node, MySQL, Redis
- Slack, Notion
- Company-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 14 days off required annually
- 401(k) with company match after 6 months of employment
- Highly collaborative and flexible remote work environment with a fully distributed team
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include an equity stake in CNote.
Information will be requested to perform a compulsory background check, and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
CNote (mycnote.com) is a women-led FinTech firm on a mission to close the wealth gap in the United States through financial innovation. Using the power of technology and a community-first framework, CNote empowers individuals and institutions to efficiently invest in fixed income and cash deposit products at scale to further economic equality, racial justice, gender equity, and address climate change with their capital. As part of its offering, CNote delivers regular reporting on the social impact of deposits and investments made through its platform. Every dollar invested on CNote’s platform funds female- and minority-led small businesses, affordable housing and economic development through its nationwide network of mission-driven banks and credit unions. A certified B Corporation backed by venture firms and angel investors, CNote was named “Best for the World” by B Lab and was named “Best Women-Owned Business” by the United Nations’ Women’s Empowerment Principles program.
CNote embraces diversity and is committed to co-creating a positive, inclusive work culture for all employees by recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from all backgrounds and experiences, who challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. CNote is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination or prejudice of any kind based upon race, religion, national origin, family status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
- Amazon Web Services
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring