To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tulsa, OK
- Rosa Ballou
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Construction Scheduler/Planner
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Tulsa, OK
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cherokee Nation Businesses – Federal Solutions, is looking for a Federal Construction Scheduler/Planner for its businesses in the Environmental & Construction sector. This exciting opportunity will leverage the candidate’s leadership ability and experience in Federal Construction. With a $120 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 200 contracts and 750+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Federal Construction Scheduler/Planner Washington, DC (ID#14003)
A dedicated person that has 5 to 10 years of Federal Construction scheduling experience to perform the functions of setting up and filling out a federal construction schedule to include knowledge of scope and processes used in both pre-construction and construction operations as well as commissioning and warranty processes, as these functions are essential and are a basic requirement of the proposal process in response to the RFP. The person should be knowledgeable in all types of scheduling software to include Primavera 6, Procore, E-Builder, and others. This function sets timelines and milestones inside a construction process so that cost, scope of work, and CLINS may be tracked and reported on by the PM team and provided to the customer. The scheduler often works hand in hand with the estimators to build a proposal. The schedulers are a reference and resource as well to provide any edits to cost/procurement as related to timelines on CLINS after award should the need for change orders or amendments to the SOW arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project schedulers perform various functions, which may vary with the specification of the project, field engineers, superintendents, and project managers assigned.
- Reviews and comments on the Initial CPM schedule and integrate the contractors’ schedules into master schedule
- He / She tracks the status of critical activities and changes to the critical path impacting the project.
- Monitors program milestones and interdependencies.
- Analyzes project planning and schedule updates, as well as
- Analyzes delays using industry accepted methodologies.
- Provides “alerts” on items impacting the project schedule.
- Identifies the critical path and suggests alternatives to regain slippage to the schedule.
- Attend progress meetings and lead discussions on time related issues
- Develop strategies for negotiating claims including Home and Field office overhead, labor and equipment costs and provide technical support in claims litigation
This position will have/not have supervisory authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a diverse background with 5 to 10 years of Federal Construction scheduling experience to perform the functions of setting up and filling out a federal construction schedule to include knowledge of scope and processes used in both pre-construction and construction operations as well as commissioning and warranty processes. They understand also the rollup to estimating and PMO and how that interaction coincides with the critical path methods of the program/projects and flows out too include pay periods and requests for payments based upon the daily schedules that flow into the CLINS and the period of performance as well. Must be able to obtain appropriate security clearance required per contract
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Such knowledge should include use of RS Means, HCSS, In Eight, Roots, Pro-EST, Primavera 6, Prolog, Procore, Agile Point, SharePoint, and Shipley as a proposal function
- Experience with Primavera P6
- Familiarity with Prolog Project Manager.
- BA/BS degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related Technical field.
- Proficient with Primavera P6, MS Project
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Project; Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Must have the ability to interpret contract specifications and drawings.
- Knowledge of contract procedures and principles,
- Professional certification in AACE, CMAA or PMI a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand construction logic and sequencing of complex federal construction projects and methodology.
This is primarily and office environment with occasional trips to the jobsite if needed.
This position may be required to be in customer meetings where proper business attire is expected
View all of our open positions here: Cherokee Nation Businesses Careers
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.