Position Summary:The role of Weld Engineer is to support the needs of manufacturing by reviewing new product plans and make recommendations for material selection and welding solutions based on various project criteria.
Physical Demands & Abilities:
- Provide innovative, technically significant and economically important material and welding solutions in support of manufacturing and design.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve non-routine materials joining and manufacturing engineering problems as they related to non-traditional repair work in an accurate, timely and informed manner.
- Proactively seek and accept responsibility for solving new and difficult materials joining and manufacturing engineering challenges, while appropriately assessing and managing risks.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance electric conductivity and cost.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers, project planners and corporate executives as needed.
- Identify new and/or improved welding processes/techniques for improving Holtec applications.
- Work with design and manufacturing engineering to resolve materials joining issues before and during manufacturing and provide technical support to suppliers and customers.
- Provide support to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Monitor material performance and evaluate material deterioration. Analyze product failure data and laboratory test results to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
- Participate in the testing or control of materials processing procedures.
- Prepare proposals and budgets, write reports.
- Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors relating to process or product design objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to provide welding activity support through active participation on the production floor or in an office environment to include climbing ladders or stairs, standing, sitting, crouching, bending, reaching, and lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Weld Engineering Manager, General Manager, Department Managers, Production Supervision, Project Managers, Designers, Welders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years of welding engineering experience in a manufacturing environment or related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with weld symbols and reading fabrication drawings.
- Professional demeanor, innovative thinker with the ability to present ideas, concepts and theories to all levels.
- Good communication and presentations skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Prior welding experience preferred.
- Knowledge of: ASME Section III & IX; AWS D1.1, D1.2 & D1.6; MIL-STD 248/278.
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Engineering Management
- Financial Management