Company has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with more than 200 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2018, we worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Company has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short timeframes. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
Financial Restructuring hires Associates and Vice Presidents to work specifically with the group, assisting with a variety of transactions, including debtor- and creditor-side restructurings and distressed mergers and acquisitions. The group offers a unique opportunity to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and transactions across a diverse set industries. These services include:
- Evaluating strategic alternatives and participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
- Advising our clients in out-of-court and Chapter 11 balance sheet restructurings
- Executing distressed M&A transactions
- Raising various types of debt and equity capital
Associates and VPs are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Financial Analyst.
The environment at Company is results-driven and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards Associates and VPs with substantial responsibility. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, and outgoing, and should possess strong skills in financial analysis. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory, keen analytical capabilities, and excellent verbal and written communications skills. Our team is looking for candidates with qualifications that include:
- At least three years of investment banking, restructuring advisory or similar experience; no Class of 2019 graduates, please
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Business or Applied Economics and / or course work in accounting and finance; MBA is not required
- Fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Strong financial and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Strong analytical abilities, including financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills