To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- LaSalle, IL 61301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dock Worker (Full-Time) / 3rd Shift / $1,500 in Bonuses
XPO Logistics, Inc. • LaSalle, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $500 sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.
A $500 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of active employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of active employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply
Pay starts at $16.29
Shift: 10:00 PM to 6:30 AM
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As a Dock Worker, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. The average workweek will be about 30 hours and you'll get to work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your best. Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to succeed with strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.